Friday, June 20, 2014

World Cup Fever in the Midwest


Bambi was in my backyard this morning.  He was staring at me from the soccer fields next door.  If he could talk, here's what's on his mind:

"Mike, Mike, Mike, Mike, Mike, Do you know what day it is?  Do you know what day it is?"

"It's World Cup Soccer Day.  Spain is out.  The US is still in.  Mike, Mike, Mike, Mike, Mike.  Wake up!  Turn on the TV.  My friends and I want to watch today's matches.  What are you doing sleeping?  I've been waiting all morning for you to get up.  Yesterday when you went to work you left the blinds closed.  Please don't make that mistake again today.  Got it?  TV on.  Make sure it's on ESPN.  Blinds open.  And don't mow the grass.  We'll munch on it while we're watching Italy vs Costa Rica, Switzerland vs. France and Honduras vs. Ecuador.  Okay, Mike?"

Have a great day.  I hope you reach all your goooooooooals.  And if you call in sick today, tell your boss you have World Cup Fever.  It's highly contagious.

No comments: