Friday, March 23, 2012

Get Smart


A vision of Maxwell Smart, agent 86 of the Get Smart series from the sixties, popped into my head while waking up.  Maxwell was entering a series of doors to get to his office.  Each door opened, Smart walked through, then the door closed behind him, one at a time, until Smart disappeared in a phone booth.  If you've never seen the show, see the clip below.



This clip is similar to my own life;  doors are opening, one at a time, while also closing behind me, one at at time.  I may not have a shoe phone like the one agent Smart has, but I do have a smart phone and my droid helps me thanks to the navigation feature built into it.  This is really coming in handy in my new surroundings in Iowa.

In order to reach my destination, I need to keep going through the doors as they open.  Agent Smart never doubted each door would open at the right time.  I'm the same way.  That's what faith is, trusting there is a higher authority in charge of opening and closing doors.

How are you doing with doors opening and closing in your life?  Have you discovered the doorway that leads to Heaven?  Trust your Creator to lead you to this door.  It's not hard to find if you follow Jesus.

I am the gate; whoever enters through me will be saved.  They will come in and go out, and find pasture. ~ John 10:9






No comments: