Wednesday, February 29, 2012

My California Home Closes Escrow Today

If I were to write a book about my experience selling my California home of 22+ years, it would be titled, War and Peace with my Mortgage Company.  Some say living in California is like living in a third world country.  I believe some third world countries are more advanced.  Here are a few lessons I learned about my state:

  • God is not allowed in our public schools.
  • California judges think they're smarter than California voters.
  • People on unemployment lose their benefits if they seek formal training programs or re-enter school.
  • Religious leaders who speak their minds about political candidates from the pulpit risk losing taxation exemptions.
  • A parent in California does not have the right to be notified if their child seeks medical help concerning abortion.
  • Mortgage companies in California who mislead homeowners, fail to follow California law, or take taxpayer money and then put it in their pockets are settling with a mere slap on the wrist while millions of hard-working Californians are becoming homeless.
  • In order to complete a short sale in California, sellers must sign away all legal rights and forgive the banks for any and all wrong-doing.
  • Robo-signing in California is not science-fiction.  In fact, it's only the tip of the iceberg. 
I have finally made peace with my mortgage company.  In order to do that, I had to threaten war, and I was ready to win.  Now it's time to "acknowledge and move on."  I'm ready for peace.  I'm one of the lucky ones who held my mortgage company's  feet to the fire and avoided foreclosure.  How about you?  Have you been able to overcome any obstacles with your mortgage company in California?  Please add your comment below.

No comments: