Monday, May 9, 2011

Dance With Me

The first time I met my wife was on the dance floor in Arizona at a place called Malarkey's.  It was a sad day when I learned my favorite hangout closed down forever.  It seems like yesterday when "Living on Video" by Trans-X blared out and we entered the dance floor for the first time.  The lyrics were a preview of our life ahead...

I see your glittering blue eyes
you look at me with a smile.
It's a computer fantasy
it is waiting for you and me.

In July, we will celebrate twenty two years of marriage.  We both talk about those early years when we danced until the wee hours of the morning.  Priorities change when children enter the picture and we put dancing on the back burner.

That glitter is still in her blue eyes and she still smiles when she looks at me.  It's not some kind of computer fantasy, it's just two people who love each other, willing to keep love alive even when life's challenges sometimes take the wind out of our sails.

The song below popped into my head as I was waking up this morning.  It's an oldie, however, it seems to me like the music is just starting.  May you find joy on the dance floor of your life and may you seize every opportunity to dance. 

Like the song lyrics, I call out to my wife...

Dance with me, I want to be your partner
Can't you see the music is just starting?
Night is falling, and I am calling
Dance with me

Let it lift you off the ground
Starry eyes, and love is all around
I can take you where you want to go



No comments: